How to create a customized symbol using ARIS Symbol Editor
Tool.........: ARIS Business Architect 7.x or higher
Even with the variety of symbols on ARIS platform there are situations where we hit the following problem: none of them represents exactly what we want, so what to do? Answer: use the ARIS Symbol Editor.
With this tool you can:
- Customize existing symbols
- Create new symbols
- Import / export images in order to use in symbols
Step by Step
1) Go to Start/Programs menu and choose ARIS Platform Administration/ARIS Symbol Editor 7.0.
2) Click the button >> Add Symbol (F12).
3) Double click over the symbol that is closest to what you need. The symbol is added at the end of symbols' bar:
4) Click once over the added symbol at the symbols bar and once in the center of the work area. The new symbol will be added for editing:
5) Click once in the center of the symbol, right click and select Properties:
6) Change some appearance properties such as color and click OK:
Note: In addition to changing the properties you can add several elements such as images, shapes and text.
7) Check the result:
8) Go to File/Save menu and save your new symbol:
By default the tool also lets you import images in several formats such as GIF, JPG, BMP and EMF.