Berlin Calling! Product Manager (m/w)
This position is available in Berlin.
Software AG offers Alfabet for IT planning & portfolio management and enterprise architecture management. In a world of fast business change, IT is often challenged with just keeping up with business demand, let alone actually driving business innovation. Yet in today’s Digital Business Age, IT must play a leading role. To do this it needs three things: a clear line-of-sight to business strategy; transparency into how IT supports the business; and budget for IT innovation. Integrated IT Portfolio Management provides the insight into the portfolio of business strategies to understand what innovative technologies to put on the table. It organizes the IT landscape into manageable and relatable parts for quick insight into change impacts. Finally, IT Portfolio Management enables optimization of the integrated IT portfolio across applications, technologies, services and projects to free up budget for innovation projects.
Alfabet Product Management is responsible to define the future of the IT portfolio management and planning market, liaise with thought leading customers and analysts to distill trends and requirements and support sales, presales and consulting in the successful adoption of the Alfabet solution by globally leading corporations and government customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Derive detailed product feature requirements from higher level product roadmap reflecting corporate strategy: making sure that the solution is in sync with corporate strategy
- Provide detailed specification for product enhancements; i.e., formally specify products from high level concept to detailed functional level
- Strive for maximum usability through the specification, design, and test of intuitive GUIs
- Provide implementation support for early adopter implementations
- Present new solution capabilities and design proposals to customers
- University degree in Business or Information Management with focus on business management; alternatively business administration education with appropriate technical experience
- Experience in any of the following areas is a distinct advantage (Web server (IIS, Apache); HTML & Java script (or any other scripting language); Tools to support QA processes (Rational, Mercury, Automated QA ...) and PC and network administration, Windows 2000, Server 2000, XP, Server 2003)
- Experience in systems analysis
- Experience in implementation of complex enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM or portals; experience in supporting such applications is desirable
- Self-starter, team motivator
- Fluent in English
- Disciplined with high quality standards
- Excellent coordination capabilities together with goal and solution oriented work style
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- an international working environment
- interesting tasks
- an attractive remuneration package
- a good work-life-balance and
- Welcome Days in the Headquarter Darmstadt
We look forward to receiving your complete application via our online process. For further information on this role please contact Claudia Wernitz: Claudia.Wernitz@softwareag.com.